One of the fastest growing areas in the soft play industry, toddler-focused facilities are becoming the go-to choice for many parents looking to provide stimulating and creative environments for their young children. With all of the benefits that these spaces offer, it’s no wonder that demand has spiked recently! To help you understand why so many parents love these facilities, we’ve rounded up some of the major benefits that are linked to having a soft play area in your home or facility. Check out our list below!
Benefits of Soft Play Areas
There are so many benefits to soft play areas for toddlers and children. Soft play allows for safe play and interaction for kids to be able to truly experience freely and enjoy the space. The main benefit is that it’s safe! It’s cushioned, padded, and child-friendly, which provides a sense of security for kids. It also reduces risk of injury from falls or collisions because there isn’t any hard ground or sharp objects that can hurt them. The following is a list of just some other benefits:
- Soft Play Areas Improve Motor Skills: A soft play area is an open space with rubber, foam, and padded surfaces. They encourage children to run, jump, tumble, and climb without any fear of hurting themselves. These areas are excellent places for toddlers to develop their motor skills and physical coordination.
- Soft Play Areas Promote Healthy Sleep: One of the biggest reasons to bring your child to a soft play area is sleep. When you give your children time away from technology and loud toys, they are more likely to experience healthy sleep that will last throughout their entire lives.
- Soft Play Areas Increase Physical Activity Levels: If your toddler is already at an ideal weight, there’s no reason why he or she can’t be enjoying some regular activity.
- Soft Play Areas Encourage Imagination Through Exploration: With soft play areas, children are encouraged to use their imagination. They can pretend they are in different environments and living situations. The environment is completely safe, providing children with an opportunity to safely explore different ideas and situations that they may face in life.
- Soft Play Areas Help Bonding Between Parents And Children: Kids who spend time at soft play areas often get more one-on-one time with their parents. This is because there is less space, and more hands-on activities to participate in.
- Soft Play Areas Provide Alternative Sensory Input: A soft play area provides an alternative sensory input that can be used to provide relief from some forms of Sensory Processing Disorder. It’s important to understand why autistic children are drawn to these types of activities as well.
- Soft Play Areas Don’t Limit Mobility Like Other Toys Do: In other types of toys, toddlers are confined to one location. With soft play areas, they can roam around freely without having to be close to you or any other person supervising them.
- Soft Play Areas Create A Fun Environment Where Learning Can Happen Naturally: Soft play areas help young children to learn and develop their social skills, as well as enhance their cognitive, language and motor skills.
Businesses That Can Benefit From Soft Play Areas
- Medical Centers: Especially, but not limited to pediatrician offices, should be child-friendly, providing toys to entertain kids waiting for their appointment as well as during appointments.
- Retail stores: A lot of them have some type of play area specifically designed for kids. It is an excellent way to keep them busy while you shop.
- Libraries: These places can benefit from having a soft play area. It will keep kids entertained and happy while they are there.
- Daycare Centers: Children need to be stimulated and entertained. If you provide them with something fun to do, then parents will feel more comfortable leaving their children in your care.
Contact us at Epic Studios today for more information.